- Length of body: 30 3/8 "
- Width of upper bout: 13 3/8"
- Width of c-bout: 9 1/4"
- Width of lower bout: 17 1/8"
- String length: 27 1/4"
All instruments are fully manufactured in Germany and finally set up in the Mezzo-Forte workshop by an experienced violinmaker. All instruments have been and will always be tested thoroughly before they are sold.
All instruments come with a certificate of authenticity and a unique serial number which makes them easy to identify.
After three years of intensive development we are proud to present the first fully carbon cello available on the worldwide market at an affordable price. The cello, designed and produced by us using state-of-the-art technology produces a quality of sound easily comparable to that of a wooden instrument whilst offering far greater presence, projection and ease of playing as well as being visually stunning.
"such elegant lines”, ”...a perfect finish,” ”...and wonderful to hold.” – initial reactions have been very positive.
The advantages of a carbon fiber cello:
- complete insensitivity to fluctuations in atmospheric conditions. (such as in temperature and humidity. )
- strength and stability
- visually stunning
- a full and pleasant sound, rich and warm with much ease of response
The body of the cello is hand crafted using carbon-fiber matting - made in Germany – guaranteed
The interior of the instrument corresponds to that of a traditional wooden instrument ; only the cornices are excluded - for two reasons :
1. A conscious decision to create a modern slim design whilst maintaining(mirroring) the form of a traditional
2. The cornices of a wooden instrument serve to aid the construction, providing support and enabling the front, sides and bottom to be fixed firmly together. These cornices can dampen the sound and are not required when using carbon-fiber.
The sound post, bridge, pegs and tail piece all correspond to that of a traditional instrument. The fingerboard is made from a wood-based composite material called "flaxwood", which has the density and consistency of ebony and is recyclable, unaffected by humidity and temperature variations and free of irregularities such as grain and knots.
The instruments are individually numbered and come with a certificate of authenticity and a 5 year guarantee.