Weight: 7.8 lbs / 3.5kg
The Musilia S1 cello case is designed to fit Stradivarius model cellos (the 'S' in the name is for Strad, the 'M' in the other Musilia models is for Montagnana) This S1 cello case by Musilia will fit a cello that is up to 49 1/2" tall, with no greater than a 14.5" upper bout width, and no greater than a 18" lower bout width.
SEE THE MEASUREMENTS TAB ABOVE FOR HELP MEASURING YOUR CELLO
Musilia Cello Cases are German engineered, super lightweight, and extremely well-made. Using carbon fiber, they have created a case that fits great, is super strong, and very light. The technologies used to make the Musilia cello cases creates cases capable of standing the abuse of travel, and will protect your cello under every circumstance. The contoured back adds strength, and creates a space between the case and cello, minimizing flex which will protect the soundpost region of your cello. The S1 case has a new water tight valance that seals the edges, and lines up easier when closing. The bottom has been redesigned and stabilized for standing the case upright, protecting your cello in even more ways.
In addition to being incredibly durable, Musilia cello cases have been designed for ease of use, too. The backpack straps only takes 2 minutes to mount. And the unbreakable nylon strap will carry the entire weight of your cello, thereby eliminating the need for carabiners. The S1, and all other Musilia cases, have fully adjustable cushion padding just by turning a two-way screw.
- Carbon fiber hybrid construction
- Fully suspended interior
- Adjustable bottom pads to customize the fit of your cello
- Injected foam suspension cushion to secure cello's shoulder and neck heel
- Watertight valance so the edge seals and lines up easier when closing
- Upgraded neck strap and security strap for the scroll
- One removable pocket for accessories
- Two bow holders
- Latches, handles, and strap adjusters are all designed to reduce noise
- Can be configured for either shoulder or backpack use
- Exterior is integral resin color over the natural black carbon fiber.
These cases do not need the Security Cables as there is a different shoulder strap mechanism.
Fitting your cello in a Musilia Case:Larger model cellos, with wider upper bouts, like Montagnana patterns, fit the Musilia M5 & M6. Cellos with a 14 1/2" or less upper bout will fit into the S-model cases. If your cello has a wide lower bout, up to about 18, will still fit in the S1 - S3. Due to the new adjustable lower bout support, the S models will also fit most 7/8s and ladies sized cellos pretty well.
Carbon Case Caution -
If you are shopping for a case that is going to be sturdy, rugged and secure, light-weight carbon fiber cases may disappoint you. Although they ARE sturdy and secure, there are certain things about these cases that every shopper needs to be aware of. Carbon Fiber cases are very light because the carbon fiber is tougher than other materials, therefore, the case body is not very thick. This creates a few issues that you need to be aware of before purchasing:
- When open, Carbon fiber cases have quite a bit of flex and it takes some care to line up the top and bottom correctly before latching. However, when closed, they are very rigid.
- Standing a carbon fiber case on end with your cello in it (case either opened or closed) is NOT recommended because of the slim profile and light weight. It would take just a slight bump to unbalance it and knock it over.
- The less expensive the carbon fiber case is, the more issues you will have with it. Like all other things, you get what you pay for.
- Less expensive carbon fiber cases tend to have more issues with fit and finish, including hardware failures, durability, and padding.